TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
Effective August 23, 2017
Below Market Value ("BelowMarketValue.com," "we," or "us")
1900 Jay Ell Dr
Richardson, TX 75081
Upon registration as a Member, you self select a username and password. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of that username and password, as you will be responsible for all activity transacted under that username and password through the Site. If you believe your username or password has been compromised, you should change them immediately via the Site and contact Customer Service at 1-888-207-2765.
LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Member grants to BelowMarketValue.com an unlimited, unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free license to publish and display, in accordance with applicable law, all, part or a modified version of any information, data or other content that Member provides via the Site or any other BelowMarketValue.com-controlled or sponsored website or BelowMarketValue.com-controlled or sponsored publications and services ("Member Content"). Furthermore, any Member who posts Member Content on the Site or any BelowMarketValue.com-controlled or sponsored website, including without limitation, properties for sale, hereby grants to BelowMarketValue.com the right to distribute, by e-mail or otherwise, all, part or a modified version of such Member Content to any third party, including any media BelowMarketValue.com may deem advisable in its sole determination for marketing purposes.
If you believe any Content infringes your copyright rights, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the photograph that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Site; (4) your address, telephone number, and email address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Member Service Requests
BelowMarketValue.com allows Members through the Site to submit requests for Services to independent third-party real estate brokers and agents ("Professional Service Providers"), as well as third-party providers of related services, including but not limited to mortgage, moving, and magazine services (providers of such services and Professional Service Providers collectively, "Service Providers"). Members who make such requests to Service Providers hereby agree to supply BelowMarketValue.com with information about themselves and the property they want to sell or hope to buy, and hereby permit BelowMarketValue.com to provide some or all of this information to third parties. As BelowMarketValue.com uses e-mail and telephones to provide the Services, all BelowMarketValue.com Members hereby consent to receiving e-mails and telephone calls from BelowMarketValue.com to qualify for, participate in, and otherwise receive the Services. Member also consents to receiving e-mails and telephone calls from Service Providers and other third parties, as Member's requests for Services may require services from such third parties.
Member affirms that all of the information Member provides to BelowMarketValue.com, whether through the Site or otherwise, is accurate and complete. Member also agrees to update BelowMarketValue.com with current and accurate information, if at any time the information Member provides to BelowMarketValue.com changes.
BelowMarketValue.com may from time to time offer eligible Members promotional opportunities, such as alternative membership products, training courses and publications. Not all Members may be eligible to receive all promotional opportunities.
Real Estate Broker/Agent Services
The BelowMarketValue.com Real Estate Agent Network is a Service provided to Members that allows potential home buyers to request Services from Professional Service Providers, as more fully set forth on the Site. Members using the BelowMarketValue.com Real Estate Agent Network must provide BelowMarketValue.com with information relevant to the applicable real estate transaction, and hereby permit BelowMarketValue.com to forward such information to selected Professional Service Providers who have registered with BelowMarketValue.com to receive such information. Members acknowledge and agree that all such Professional Service Providers are independent third parties with respect to BelowMarketValue.com. All real estate listings, prices and descriptions provided on any such Professional Service Provider's website or on a website to which you may be linked following your submission of a showing or listing request are electronically placed on such websites by such third-party Professional Service Providers and not by BelowMarketValue.com.
From time to time BelowMarketValue.com may make available through the Site third-party Service Providers which may offer certain Services to Members, including without limitation, moving services, magazines and mortgage services. BelowMarketValue.com makes such third-party Service Providers available through the Site in exchange for a fee or other consideration from such third-party Service Providers, and as a convenience to Members. Member hereby acknowledges and agrees that it is Member's responsibility independently to investigate the qualifications of each Service Provider and to review carefully each Service Provider offering prior to entering into any engagement with such Service Provider.
LIMITATIONS ON USE
- Member shall abide by all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations of any kind governing fair information practices and consumers' rights to privacy, including without limitation any applicable non-solicitation laws and regulations.
- Member shall not use the Services or the Content: (i) in conducting any marketing or telemarketing activities; (ii) for redistribution or publication via the Internet; (iii) to create real estate valuation models, programs or systems; (iv) for the purpose of extracting, selecting or otherwise removing any data elements contained in the Services or the Content for any reason; (v) in conducting real estate appraisal; (vi) for the purpose of debt collection; (vii) in connection with evaluating risk, underwriting, or marketing or selling insurance products of any kind, including without limitation, life, health, long-term care, disability casualty, umbrella, mortgage, title or property, or (viii) in connection with the marketing or sale of legal services or products of any kind, including without limitation, bankruptcy or real estate title/lien history.
- Member shall not use the Services or the Content: (i) as a factor in establishing an individual's eligibility for credit or insurance; (ii) in evaluating an individual for employment purposes; (iii) in connection with a determination of an individual's eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental authority; (iv) in a way that would cause the Services or the Content to constitute a "consumer report" under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.; or (v) in any other manner that would cause such use of the Services and/or the Content to be construed as a consumer report by any authority having jurisdiction over any of the parties.
- Member shall not use the Services or the Content in any way that: (i) infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, (ii) violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation the laws and regulations governing unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising), or (iii) is defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing.
- Member shall not remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notices contained in the Services or the Content or other materials provided by BelowMarketValue.com hereunder, and shall reproduce all such notices on all copies or portions thereof.
- Member represents, warrants, affirms and agrees that it is authorized by law or contractual agreement to provide all Member Content licensed to BelowMarketValue.com hereunder, and that such Member Content or the provision thereof does not violate any other agreement, third-party contract or the proprietary rights of any third-party. Member further represents, warrants, affirms and agrees that all Member Content licensed to BelowMarketValue.com or otherwise provided hereunder is not unlawful, harmful, malicious, hateful, cruel, offensive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, derogatory or objectionable in any way.
PAYMENT OF CHARGES
Payment Terms and Charges
- The fee to register as a Member on the Site is normally assessed on a monthly basis, but other billing arrangements may be made available to Members, in BelowMarketValue.com's sole discretion. The membership fee is calculated from the day upon which Member's paid membership commences.
- Member hereby authorizes BelowMarketValue.com to charge Member's credit card, debit card or bank account, in advance, for the amount of Member's regular membership fee for each agreed term of the Member's selected membership term. Member hereby authorizes BelowMarketValue.com to modify the term membership fee charged to Member upon thirty (30) days notice to Member sent by e-mail to the address provided on registration. The membership fee, when paid, is non-refundable and accrues on the first day of each term or successive renewal term until canceled, regardless of whether or not the Member actually uses the Site, the Services or the Content. Notwithstanding the language in this paragraph, if a membership resulted from a special introductory promotional offer, then the terms of that specific promotional offer shall control.
- From time to time at its sole discretion, BelowMarketValue.com may offer different subscription terms on its Site, and the membership fees for such subscriptions may vary.
- The fee for a Member who has opted to make single property purchases is assessed at the time of purchase. The purchase entitles the Member to online access to the property(ies), and that access shall expire thirty (30) days from the day of purchase. Single property purchases are final, and there are no prorations. Refunds or credits may be considered on a case by case basis where it is determined the property data is incorrect or invalid; however, these terms and conditions are generally controlled by the Disclaimers and Limitations set out in Section 9 below.
- Various Services and/or Content on the Site, whether offered by BelowMarketValue.com, third-party Service Providers or others, may require additional fees or charges.
On Time Payment
Member is required to pay all charges on time, and agrees to submit an accompanying payment authorization in connection with these charges when requested by BelowMarketValue.com. Credit card transactions require an acceptable and currently working/continuously valid credit card number/account. BelowMarketValue.com may terminate or disable Member's membership if Member fails to pay fully and in a timely manner all amounts due to BelowMarketValue.com. If Member's credit card expires or is otherwise declined for payment, access to the Services and the Site may be modified, suspended or cancelled, in BelowMarketValue.com's sole discretion and without notice to Member. If any Member payment is more than thirty (30) calendar days past due, interest pro-rated daily, at the rate of 15 percent per annum on such past due amounts, or the maximum allowable by law, whichever is less, shall accrue, and the entire amount of unpaid charges, plus this assessment, will become immediately due and payable. Member shall pay all costs incurred by BelowMarketValue.com with respect to collection of any past due amount, including legal fees. Each time Member accesses or uses the Site or the Services, Member affirms that BelowMarketValue.com is authorized to obtain payment through a selected payment method. All fees are quoted and payable in United States Dollars. Member is also responsible for paying all applicable taxes for Services and/or Content, and any other costs incurred in connection with the use of or access to the Site.
Member's complete billing address and telephone number must be provided to process payments. BelowMarketValue.com accepts most major credit cards and may accept bank drafts.
Member may contact the BelowMarketValue.com Customer Service Department by e-mail at support@BelowMarketValue.com or telephone at 888-207-2765 concerning charges or other questions regarding the status of Member's account. However, if Member's account-related questions are not satisfactorily resolved within fifteen (15) business days of Member's first calling or sending an e-mail to the BelowMarketValue.com Customer Service Department regarding such questions, Member must write to the BelowMarketValue.com Customer Service Department at: Below Market Value, Attn: BelowMarketValue.com, 1900 Jay Ell Dr, Richardson, TX 75081. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event may Member dispute any charge or account billing hereunder later than ninety (90) days after such questionable account billing or other discrepancy should have been or could have been reasonably discovered by Member. Otherwise, except as required by applicable law, any and all such Member complaints are waived by Member.
TERM OF MEMBERSHIP
Member acknowledges and agrees that NO refund, offset or credit will be given for any cancellation of a special introductory promotional offer membership or for subscription downgrades.
Either BelowMarketValue.com or Member may cancel Member's membership at any time for any reason (unless otherwise stated in an applicable promotional offer). In the event of termination by Member or by BelowMarketValue.com, all fees due to BelowMarketValue.com up to the end of the then-current term billing cycle at time of termination shall remain payable to BelowMarketValue.com unless otherwise specifically stated in an applicable promotional offer.
All members may terminate membership by telephoning a cancellation request to 888-207-2765 during the business hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
BelowMarketValue.com reserves its right to terminate or suspend access to the Services and the Content to any Member whose information BelowMarketValue.com believes, at BelowMarketValue.com's sole discretion, to be inaccurate or misleading.
OWNERSHIP AND SAFEKEEPING; MODIFICATION OF BELOWMARKETVALUE.COM SERVICES
BelowMarketValue.com reserves the right to modify or to discontinue any and all Services and/or Content or any portion or attribute thereof, with or without notice to any Member. BelowMarketValue.com shall not liable to any Member in the event that BelowMarketValue.com exercises its rights under this Section.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES.
- The Site may contain links to websites maintained by third parties ("Third Party Websites"), including Service Providers. Such links to Third Party Websites are provided for Member's convenience and reference only. BelowMarketValue.com does not operate or control, in any respect, any information, content, software, products or services available on such Third Party Websites, and is not responsible for any content on such Third Party Websites, including the website of any Service Provider or any other third party.
- BelowMarketValue.com's inclusion of links to such Third Party Websites does not imply any endorsement, warranty, guarantee or recommendation of such Third Party Websites, or of the content, products or services, or of the sponsoring organization thereof.
- BelowMarketValue.com is a data aggregator of content supplied by third parties and Members and assumes no obligation to exercise editorial control over the opinions, advice, statements, Services, offers or other content provided by third parties, including Members. Nevertheless, BelowMarketValue.com reserves the right to screen, review, edit or remove any content if it does not comply with laws, rules or regulations, or for any other reason BelowMarketValue.com deems relevant in its sole discretion.
- Property descriptions and other information used in BelowMarketValue.com's research tools for selecting properties and determining pricing on any Professional Service Provider's website or on a website to which you may be linked have not been verified by BelowMarketValue.com or any Professional Service Provider, and such descriptions, data, and information are not intended to be binding on any Professional Service Provider. All listings are subject to prior sale and may not be available when your request is processed. All prices and terms are subject to change without notice.>
- Member acknowledges and agrees that its use of any Service provided to Member by a Service Provider shall be subject to the terms of a separate agreement between the Member and the applicable Service Provider, and that BelowMarketValue.com has no liability to Member in relation to the any Service provided by a Service Provider, or any acts or omissions of any Service Provider.
For its Services and referrals, BelowMarketValue.com may receive payment from Service Providers. Membership with BelowMarketValue.com and use of the Services and/or the Content constitutes Member's acknowledgment of and agreement to this compensation arrangement.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
BelowMarketValue.com attempts to ensure that the Content is accurate and reliable; however, errors sometimes occur. BelowMarketValue.com does not guarantee the accuracy of the Content and advises you independently to verify the accuracy of the information provided. We make no guarantee, whether express or implied, that you will find a real estate listing that meets your specifications. In addition, BelowMarketValue.com may make changes and improvements to the Content at any time. BelowMarketValue.com makes no representation or warranty as to the quality or qualification of any Service Provider referred to Member, and is not responsible or liable for any acts or omissions created or performed by such Service Providers.
THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." BELOWMARKETVALUE.COM AND ITS SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING PARTICIPATING LENDERS, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS) DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATEVER RELATING TO THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT IS UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE OR COMPLETE, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON IT FOR ANY DECISION OR TO TAKE ANY ACTION. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT WILL BE FREE OF INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
BY MEMBER'S USE OF THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE SITE, MEMBER AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT MEMBER'S USE OF THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT AND THE SITE IS AT MEMBER'S OWN RISK. NEITHER BELOWMARKETVALUE.COM NOR ITS SUPPLIERS ARE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE CONTENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, OR WITH DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, WHETHER ARISING FROM CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE MEMBER KNOWS, SUSPECTS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION IS UNENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL BELOWMARKETVALUE.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR: (A) THE GREATER OF LOSSES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT OF MEMBERSHIP FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY MEMBER WITHIN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIM OR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW; OR (B) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations in connection with your use of the Site.
The Services may be subject to United States export controls and may not be accessed or used by: (1) a national or resident of Cuba, Sudan, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country subject to United States embargo that makes provision of Services through this Site unlawful; or (2) any person or entity identified on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or any other list that prohibits the provision of Services through this Site. You hereby agree to the foregoing and represent and warrant that you are not a national, resident or under the control of any such country or on any such list.